Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Back to Romania

For those of you who have followed my trips to Romania, yes, I am going back. As difficult as the closing of the clinic in Tutova was last year, I just can't stay away.  

I haven't decided if I will maintain this blog or post updates on Facebook or send emails. It may depend on how the internet is working at the hotel in Barlad and my IPad skills. I got the app where I can transfer photos from my IPhone to my IPad but who knows if I will get it to work properly.  Wish me luck.

We will be volunteering at the Children's Hospital in Barlad, where we were the 3rd week of my trip last year. I think the program there is more established since then and I've seen pictures where volunteers have painted walls and the place looks more cheery. Let's hope I can make it up the 3, or is it 4, flights of stairs with the air cast I have on my left foot. 

And let's hope that the weather warms up a bit. It has been bitterly cold in Romania, a difficult situation for people who are already struggling.


Stay turned and I'll let you know how I'll be providing updates.

1 comment:

  1. Whether it's here or on Facebook, I'll look forward to hearing about your trip, and I'll be with you in spirit!

    ReplyDelete