Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday in Barlad

Still haven't solve my Picture posting problem. Have posted some on Facebook for last few days and will put some on Facebook again tomorrow. No wifi in my room so can't do picture transfer from from my iPhone without going downstairs.

Today, Kristin and I went to the hospital for about 3 hours. Alina and Gaby were happy to get our of their cribs. I noticed Gabtndidnt get any solid food this morning, just bottles. Wonder if that is typical on weekends. She is always so excite to get her bowl of food. I felt badly for her.

Delia is still running w fever. They took out the IV in her head and put one in her little but of a foot. She was happy until they did that procedure!

Got Ionut to smile again with some back rubbing today. He even tolerated being in my lap for a short time. Little milestones are important.

Miruna's parents visited today. We didn't get to spend time in the isolation room where she is but Kristin saw them on one of Gaby's many walks down the hall. They brought this huge bouquet of flowers with a big candle in it and put it at the end of her crib.

Cora asked me to say something about the other volunteers. Kristin is our youngest team member and has been here several times before. She is a pharmacy tech in Boston. Reni is a speech pathologist from Oklahoma. The children are benefitting from her special skills. Robin is a winter and artist who lived previously in Oakland and is passing through Las Vegas where her son lives. Luisa is a network engineer who is from Annapolis. She was in Romania twice in the late 70s due to an interest in folk dancing. It has been helpful to have a team member who knows some Romanian. That is our team!

Kristin and I got a kick watching Romania's Got Talent in the restaurant during lunch today. We've seen everything from a transvestite reciting something to a juggler on a unicycle to some dancers. Oh and a little girl who could repeat sentences backwards. I think Romania has a lot more talent than what we've seen so far on this show!

Snow flurries and a bit of rain today. I have to be so careful walking that I ended up staying in my room this afternoon. Looking forward to some fresh air tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment