Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sunshine!

We actually had sun today although it is still cold. At least walking is somewhat less treacherous although there are still icy patches. My team mates make sure I stay upright! Theoretically I can take my air cast boot off this weekend but I still feel twinges. So I'll see how it goes. Since I haven't posted for a few days I'll share general news on each child. Ionut had a really good day today. He is now responding to rubbing his back and tickling. Nice to see that smile and dimple! He even has let us hold him for short time periods. He is much better than a week ago. Delia continues to be such a charmer. Today I took my velvet scarf in and played with it with Cleo and Delia. They both loved it. Delia is so sharp. She watches everything. She really likes the jumperoo. Cleo is getting her daily exercises and massages. She woke up from a nap late this afternoon and was very fussy. Maybe she had a bad dream. I think she also has digestion problems. We try to prop her up to feed her and hold her upright after. She seems to spit up less this way. Miss Alina ate applesauce yesterday! It was in one of those containers you squeeze and she was able to get it out, with some help. We've been trying to get her to drink joice as well. Another one with digestion problems. She also loved my scarf and wore it in multiple styles today. She would go to the door, toss her scarf, and say "pa" (bye). Such an actress. She has been dancing and mimicking and generally entertaining us. Today when Ionut fussed a bit she went over to him, gently touched his leg and said "gata" (enough). I think Coca the aide said Alina should be in a family not a hospital. Amen to that. Last but not least, Gaby is walking and walking and walking (one finger assist.) she actually initiates it. She ate two bowls of mashed bread and apple this afternoon. She is eating so well. Reni our speech pathologist team member has been working with Gaby on eating, chewing, babbling etc. I can see progress. Today Gaby explored a Cheerio with Renee for about 15 min. Gabt was on my lap with Reni next to her so I saw it up close and personal! She put it in her mouth but didn't eat it. We were so close. She has also been doing her version of dancing to music. We have a new arrival in our rooms as of late this afternoon. Little Miss Miruna who has downs syndrome and was in the isolation room is now with us. We understand she will go home once the weather warms up as it is too cold for her at home. Same for Marian who is still in isolation. He is too fragile to be in th cold at his parents home. We went to Alona also known as th creepy doll restaurant last night. (Jane, I thought of you.). Since it is Lent they had a fasting menu with vegetarian options which was nice for us. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Only 2 days left at the hospital. It will be so hard to say good bye since there won't be another team until May 5. And that team isn't officially a go yet as it doesn't have enough people. Mihaela says they have never gone so long without a team. Come to Romania!

No comments:

Post a Comment