Sunday, March 6, 2016

Times 12

I checked with Global Volunteers and this is my 12th trip to Romania!  Will be interested to see what remains the same and what has changed.  

I do know that one thing that has changed is that I can't post any pictures of the children on my Facebook page anymore.  I can post on the Barlad Children's Group site on Facebook or I can post here.  The placement center that is responsible for the children has concerns about privacy, which is understandable.  On the other hand, seeing the children is a great recruiting tool.  Plus, former volunteers are always so anxious for news of the children.  

I did find out that Ionut, the little boy that I had on my last trip, has gone to a foster home.  I am so happy for him.  We were told he had heart problems but otherwise he seemed relatively ok. Of course, being institutionalized has created some issues for him but hopefully he will now grow and develop more normally.   

The other Ionut from Tutova who had severe neurological problems passed away.  This is sad but not surprising given his situation.  I like to think children like him are in heaven or somewhere running and playing and doing things they couldn't do in this life.  

I'm excited to see the children tomorrow.  I expect there may be some familiar faces and also some new ones.  We have a team of five, four returning volunteers and one new one who came with a friend.  We should be fine.  

I may not be able to take many pictures for a few days but I look forward to sharing my experience with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment