Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday madness


We were happy to see the children this morning and I think they were happy to see us. Looked, and smelled, like they had all gotten baths and were in clean clothes. Before we got too hot and sweaty, I asked Mitchell to take this picture of me, Shannon and Alina. 


The children mostly had a good day. Mitchell is a huge hit, particularly with Alina, Ionuts and Georgiana who he throws around with abandon. He had Georgiana on his shoulders and she was saying "go horsie" (in Romanian of course.) She actually spent the afternoon with us rather than down the hall with the teenage girls.  She is a smart little girl. I hope she goes to a foster family. 

Lavinia loves the attention she is getting from Cora. In fact, she notices if Cora leaves the room.  She seems so much more active and alert than the first few days when we were here. 

Delia had a pretty good day although she still demands a lot of attention.  There was a new aide Nicoletta (not the Tutova Nicoletta) who was in and out and great with the children, especially Delia. 

Luca is so much closer to walking on his own. He stood for about 2 minutes without holding on to anything.  He was very happy today when he got to drink the bottles that others didn't finish. 

Luciana was a bit fussy today but latched on early to a pearl necklace and that seemed to keep her amused. I was surprised that Alina let her wear it. 

Shannon had great success doing the chicken dance song with Alina. I did a video but for some reason can't attach it here. I put it on my Facebook page. 

We weighed Alina and she is 20 pounds with her clothes and shoes on so probably about 18 pounds without them. And she is 6 years old. She grows so slowly. 

Ionuts survived Georgiana's hugs where she basically tackles and smothers him. I'm sure she means well, or not. Mitchell had Ionuts laughing so hard he could barely breathe. He is a sweetie.  

I finally got the energy to walk back to the hospital after lunch. Maybe my walks this past weekend helped. It only took about 25 min.  Hope I can keep it up the rest of the week. 

Time is going so quickly, 

 

Ms. Georgiana before Luciana got a hold of the pearls. 


Shannon multi-tasking. Neither Delia or Alina like to share attention! 


She flies through the air with the greatest of ease...


Delia is always looking for something to out on her arm. 


Luciana and her pearls. 


The latest hair do. 


Delia refuses to say "minge" and still says ball. The problem is knowing which ball she wants.


   Ionuts had a good day. 
 

  Can't separate a girl from her pearls. 


   Tummy time for Delia. 


   Andrei had a hard day. Wasn't eating much and couldn't comfort him. I kept putting this giraffe next to him that plays sounds.  The giraffe was donated by Oliver James Marsay who is 15 months old and very generous. 


  I finally convinced Ionuts to crawl out of the hole in this rather than me picking him up. Although picking him up definitely counts as an upper body workout. 


    I eventually give in and let him rock on the see saw. 


   Ionuts and his best bud. 
 
     Happy campers. 


 Alina takes a selfie. 


    Working on walking. 

 
  Dan and Georgianna. 


     Ms. Delia and one of her many balls. 

  
Coca feeding the children cookies from her secret stash. 


    Shannon and Lavinia. 

  
    Lavinia loves rolling on the carpet. 


   Ditto for Delia. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, precious Andrei, I hope he has a better day today. Please give him a kiss for me.

    Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. I look forward to them every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thanks so much for the stories and photos

    ReplyDelete