Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mosquitoes 16 - Evan 1


Yes, as of this morning I have16 mosquito bites. Thankfully they don't itch. I was able to kill a mosquito this morning as it rested on a wall. I'll spare you the gory details but there was definite evidence that this mosquito had been feasting on me. 

After breakfast and a nice chat with Cora, I went out for a walk, back to the open market and then circled past the gypsy kings house. Beautiful day, less windy, and I was fine with a sweater.  Later in the day walked up to the public garden again. Trying to make up for ht lack of exercise during the week. 

Shannon and Mitchell got "home" from Transylvania about 5:30 p.m.  I was glad to see Shan back safe and sound. They had a good time.  They went to Bran Castle, home of Vlad the Impaler, to Brasov and to Peles Castle in the mountains. I've been to the first two on earlier trips bit not the latter. 

Looking forward to seeing the children again tomorrow. 


    Gypsy Kings house. There is no evidence of anyone living there!


    This is the area of the market where they sell things in bulk.  There were a lot of men standing around some caged pigeons. They were scary looking - the men not the pigeons so I didn't been attempt to take a picture.  



    I think this is celery root?


    Our team mate Mitchell had water in his ear. He was told to out a clove of warm garlic in it and it would help. He opted for Cora (a nurse practitioner) flushing it with hydrogen chloride instead. 



    I thought the were pickles but they are little cucumbers from which no doubt they make pickles. 



    There was a play area with rides and games for the children this weekend. 

 
    Note how bundled up the children are!





   I think this is Vaslui County CPS selling things to assist the children. I bought a few craft items. 

 
    Apartment building on the main streef with retail shops on the street level.  Typical of communist era buildings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment