Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cranky babies

Well, they weren't all cranky but some of our usual always cheerful ones like Petre and Daniela had their moments today. I think Petre is teething - he was better after he got some orajel.  He is the most active in the jumperoo these days.  Daniela was lying down on a boppy looking at the hanging mirror and the next thing we knew she had stood up and was holding onto to the top of the stand, and pretty steadily! She really wants to walk. She isn't crawling per se but scoots on her stomach. I think my niece Lianna did the same thing and look at how smart she turned out to be!

Ema Elena also seemed a little harder to comfort today. I held her quite a bit but then don't want to ignore the others. Her favorite swinging chair no longer swings automatically and vibrating chairs don't seem to do it for her. I also ended up trying 3 different nipples for her 6 pm bottle before finding one she could suck from. She had another massage today but it doesn't seem to be making her any more comfortable. In fact it occurred to me that maybe she is unused to that kind of stimulation and maybe it is hurting her muscles a little bit. I did get a smile out of her when I brushed her hair. After bringing a baby hair brush, not seeing it again, buying one, and not seeing it again, I finally bought one at the store last night and I'm going to take it back and forth to the clinic. A lot of the babies seem to like having their hair brushed although some have bed head that needs water and gel to fix.

Weather still in the 20s today with slightly warmer temps in the 30s and rain predicted for tomorrow.  I can't complain after reading about all the bad weather on the East Coast.

I'm sure there is other news but I'm too tired to think of it! So here are some pix:

 
Roxana and Denisa doing tummy time

 
Karen with Andreea and Roxana

 
Rosie and Alina

 
Ema - a rare smile today

 
Cristi stalking Ema

 
Sweet Gabriela

 
Lea Celine in a new outfit

 
Andrei still in isolation

 
Sami still in isolation

 
Petre in big boy clothes

 
Daniela standing
 
Petre

1 comment:

  1. Evan: Thank you very much for the pictures and updates. It brings warmth to those of us on the east coast stuck in the blizzard.

    ReplyDelete