Monday, February 8, 2010

We're Online!

Have finally gotten internet at the hotel. We are on our lunch break so everyone is busy getting caught up. I will try and post pictures tonight. Meanwhile, a few updates.

We are a team of 6 - 3 leave at the end of this week and there will be 3 of us for the 3rd week. Three of us are former volunteers including Caroline who is 18 and has been here several times. Also Rosie from New Zealand who is 19 and was here with me last Jan. I am sharing a room with Rosie and she is a great roommate.

I think there are 21 kids but I haven't really counted. There are four new babies since my visit last Oct./Nov., all in the 3-4 month age range. Daria Roxana just left last week for cleft palate surgery; Denisa is a little cutie with a big cowlick; Roxana has chubby cheeks and loves to eat; and, Victor just came last week and has some kind of brain damage. I'm not sure about the diagnoses for Denisa and Roxana. It makes bottle time quite busy as they have to be held and fed as does Ema Elena, Petre and the twins Andrea and Roxana who arrived when I was here last time.

Since my last visit, "big" Andrea is now walking (the new big Andreea not my Andreea who went home last Fall.) I may have already said that Ion and Andrei aren't quite there yet. Andrei was in the hospital for a check up and is back and in isolation. Ion just had to go to the hospital as he had a bad cough - maybe croup. I'm sure these health problems slow down their development.

Petre and Daniela have changed a lot in a few months. Daniela doesn't seem any bigger but is standing and always on the move, very alert and grabs everything. Petre is eating much better and only sometimes takes a morning nap. He can sit up by himself for a bit but then gets all excited and falls over. He is always moving his arms and legs and loves the jumperoo.  Also very alert and grabbing toys. He is definitely bigger.

Caroline weighted Alina and we think she is now at 12 pounds. Wow! And Gabriela seems to be grabbing toys that she didn't grab before and picks them up and looks at them rather than just trying to eat the carpet all the time. She still won't stand up but I think I see a small change in her attention level.

I think you may know Ionella went home in early December. And we heard some sad news. Maria, aka chalupa, who was here on my visit last winter, passed away. She had gone off for heart surgery and we heard it went well and no one knew where she was. Apparently altho the surgery went well something happened at a later date and she passed away. Such a beautiful little girl, dark hair and dark eyes, gypsy I think. So sad.

We had a very quiet weekend. Everyone stayed in Tutova and it was cold and not conducive to walking. I took Pat and Karen into town for a tour of the open market and visits to the ATM, grocery store and pharmacy.  We all went to the clinic at some point over the weekend, I went on Sunday morning.

Time to clsoe and go back from our lunch break. Oh, BTW, the schedule has changed. We now go from 9 - 12:30 and then go back from 2:30 to 6:00 with no evening shift. Some days some of us have gone back early at lunch time but today we are all on our computers!

Will try and post pix tonite. My teammate Caroline has a blog as well so feel free to check our hers at tutovababies.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment