Sunday, February 21, 2010

Not Home Yet!

My travel luck is hitting a rough spot again. My flight today from Frankfurt to SFO was canceled due to mechanical difficulties. So United put us up in a hotel near the airport for tonight. We just found out at dinner that the plan won't be repaired for tomorrow so they are going to try to get people on standby flights through WA DC or Chicago tomorrow. The letter they gave everyone said there is a Lufthansa pilots strike so they expect a lot of no shows on flights to the US and think they can get people on plans. Now, don't you think that if Lufthansa flights are canceled that the United flights will get filled up? I don't understand it.

So, taking matters in to my own hands and thanks to Skype I called United reservations. Turns out since my original ticket was for a Continental flight operated by United they can get me on a 1:50 pm Continental flight to Houston that will then connect me to an SFO flight getting me in at 9:46 pm SF time. It will be a lot of flight time but at least it is a sure thing rather than taking a chance on stand by and getting stuck in Frankfurt for another night. I packed my warm coat so I definitely am not up to any sightseeing in Frankfurt!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment