Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday, Feb. 12th

I was too tired to post last night and too tired to think of a clever title for this post today. My tiredness last night could be partly due to the small glass of Romanian brandy I had at dinner. The owner of the hotel wanted to thank all of us for our work and our patience with not having internet for a week so gave those who wanted them a free drink!

I have a slight cold I think so that must be affecting my stamina. Still, I had enough energy to go to the clinic this morning with Caroline to see the babies. We took all the non-mobiles into the playroom, plus Alexandra and managed pretty well, even at feeding time. So hopefully next week with 3 of us we will be fine. Also stepped in to spend some time with Maria Cleopatra as I knew she would be missing her BFF, Pat.  I'm sure the twins Andreea and Roxana are also missing their BFFs Cora and Karen. And I know the aides are missing Karen who helped with the diaper changing!

Andrei's mother visited yesterday. She looked pretty young. He is still in isolation with Alina, Lea Celne and Marius and Sami is in isolation in his crib still. Also Ion is still at the hospital. Hope he returns before we leave.

Before leaving the clinic this am, we went into the isolation room to feed Ionut and Victor. Victor didn't take too much of his bottle. He has flaccid cerebral palsy and is just so floppy.  Lucky he is little right now and easy to hold.

Yesterday at lunch time the light bulb in our hotel room shorted out.  Our team leader Dan spent part of lunch trying to fix it but couldn't get it completely fixed. So we had a bulb hanging from a wire last night and got it fixed for real today. The really good news is that Dan couldn't get the wireless to work in our room so just moved the router to our room. So now Rosie and I can both be on the internet at the same time.

Here are some pix. I tried to load all my pictures to facebook this afternoon but am not sure I was completely successful. My team mate Caroline Ruhl has great pictures posted at her facebook site as well as on her blog (tutovababies.blogspot.com) if you want to see more baby pix.

 
Karen and twins on Karen's last day

 
Ema Elena in polka dots

 
Cristi entertaining himself

 
Caroline with Alina playing baby

 
Petre

 
Gabby kissing Rosie

 
Mihaela
Gaby with red bow and yogurt

 
Denisa in pre-Valentine's Day clothes

 
Roxana in pre-Valentine's Day clothes

 
Cristi and Petre

 
Marius still in isolation, the walker helps

 
Petre and Denisa

 
Lea Celine, also still in isolation


1 comment:

  1. Evan thanks so much for the wonderful updates!! Wishing I was there with you!

    ReplyDelete