Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Polka Dot Boots

Yes, thank goodness for my polka dot rain boots (shown below) that I wear every day as we walk  back and forth to the clinic in the snow. We had a light snow fall on our walk this morning - it is actually easier to walk in fresh snow.  Quite the novelty for me.  Weather still in the 20s I believe.

A number of the babies continue to be in isolation. Sami is in his crib away from the other kids in isolation and frankly looks terrible with big circles under his eyes. Cristi had a very lethargic morning and we finally put him to bed but perked up this afternoon.  Ema Elena fussed most of the day - she seemed to do best if I held her against my chest and patted her on the back and even better if I did that and walked with her. She did get a nice massage at lunch time from Malika the pre school teacher who has taken a course on baby massage. In fact, yesterday we say her doing a demonstration for some of the aides.

Andreea and Roxana (twins) seem to be be over the worst of their teething altho still a bit fussy. A number of the children in isolation have blue mouths and tongues from some medicine they are getting.  When I commented about it to Lea Celine she promptly stuck her tongue out at me.

When I went into the isolation bed room after lunch there was Alina stripped completely naked (see picture below.) Even though her sleeper had been pinned at the neckline she still managed to slip it off as well as her onesie underneath, her rubber pants, and her diaper.  She is too funny. 

Petre and Daniela definitely win the most improved award for the last two months. They are really developing nicely although Daniela may have a bit of a set back from being in isolation this week. She does not like being cooped up. I've been putting her and Andrei in walkers in their room and that helps. Petre likes all the girls but was giving Gabriela special smiles today. She responded by kissing him - although really she is using her mouth to explore since she can't see very well.

My team mate Pat had a great day with Maria Cleopatra the little one with hydrocephalus. She actually had Maria laughing out loud.  We are lucky to get a smile from her so this was a real accomplishment in my book.

We had dinner out at Alona tonight - pizza and ice cream my favorites. Stopped at the store afterwards for snacks and items for the kids. I bought about 40 yogurt containers.  For those of you  who gave me money, I've also bought medicine, diapers, baby wipes, pampers (for babies who go to the hospital or have really bad diaper rash) and baby food. Oh yes, and baby shampoo. I'll be buying more things before I leave. (Mary Beth - your package hasn't come yet - might come this week. Dan and Mihaela get notices from the post office if there is a package and then go pick them up and they have a notice for one they hope to get this week.)

Enjoy these pictures!

Clinic in the snow
 
Alina's striptease (12 pounds; almost 2 years old)

 
I hate when Paula does this

 
Karen and Mihaela in the pre school room

 
Baby Roxana aka chubby cheeks

 
Denisa

 
Gaby holding a toy!

 
Gaby about to kiss Petre

 
Baby Victor

 
Did I post this one of Ema already
  
Petre - he'll be crawling soon!

 
Pat makes Maria Cleopatra laugh

 
Ema gets a massage

 
Thank goodness for my polka dot boots





1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Especially enjoyed Alina's mischevious grin. And Paula leaning/dangling out of the crib made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete