Friday, April 1, 2011

Funky Town

No, I'm not calling Tutova or Barlad "funky town." Found a toy that plays the song, "Take me to funky town" so guess what song I will have going through my head for the next day or two.

I have never gotten sick at the start of a trip here but I officially have a cold. It isn't too bad so all of the emergen-C I'm taking must be helping. Glad the weekend is coming up to get some rest although I will probably still go over to the clinic. I'm staying away from Nico who is sick already and doing more hugging and tickling of babies and no kissing. Although a fair number of them have runny noses anyway which is no doubt where I got this.

Interesting morning. The priest came and seemed to be doing a full blown service complete with icons and incense in the pre-school room. A few of the aides were in there. Then Dr. Delia appeared with 2 women who we heard were from CPS. No idea what they were doing there as they didn't appear to be seeing any children but more touring around. Ion was pitching a fit and I figured it wasn't good for him to be banging his head while they were there so I gave him my camera to play with. He loves cameras and Jane's Iphone.

I'm really pleased that Marius is more social and coming over to be hugged and tickled. Still not great with eye contact but better. Alina was hitting children today and was banished from the non -mobile room into the mobile room where she did more of the same. I was able to distract her a bit with playing patty cake but it is a struggle with her. Time out in the corner doesn't really work with her - or with any of the children for that matter. In fact, in the afternoon, Alina hit Gaby with a toy and made her cry and Gaby doesn't cry all that much.

The twins were a riot this afternoon. Roxana was chasing Andreea around the room and catching her and they were laughing and laughing. Unfortunately, Roxana is copying the hitting and she got a time out as well. (Time outs last for about 15 seconds.)

It was a gray day and colder again so no outside play time. Thank goodness for Malika in the afternoons. She is a wonder with the children. As we left, big Andreea, Celine, Ion and Petre were all at the window waving good bye. Breaks my heart.

We had soup and only soup for lunch (our choice.) Oscar pancakes for dinner. We are trying to do dessert only every other night. Last night at Alona (or as Jane calls it creepy doll restaurant because of all the dolls) some of the group had papanasci, the Romanian donuts. Now I know how to spell it.

The clinic


Alina

Daria loves the tunnel

Gaby held the cheerio but wouldn't eat it

Marius

Eating cheerios

Alina

Alina and Roxana

Celine

Roxana

This is as far as Gaby gets in the tunnel

Petre

Celine

Andreea

Cristy and Cathy

Cristy

Roxana chasing Andreea

Gabita

Gaby

There can never be too many pictures of Gaby

Ana Maria and Cathy visited us

I finally had to take this bird away from Alina when it became a weapon

Paula

Andreea

Alexandra

Service in the pre-school room
We plan to go to Barlad tomorrow to the open market but I'm so nervous about the children I'm almost tempted to go make sure they are still there in the morning. Will probably go over for a bit in the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. So none of the children have been moved yet? I hope they are still there when I arrive on the 16th! Any ideas yet of who is going where?

    ReplyDelete