Saturday, April 9, 2011

Light a candle

It has been such a relief to get away from the trauma and drama in Tutova. And then I think how lucky I am that I can get away. I confess despite the distraction I've thought about the children, especially Gaby. Today I worried about her 3 sisters taking all her balls that we sent home with her and her not having one to play with. I have to stop thinking about this. Still, Cathy and I lit candles for the babies at one of the churches we visited today.

The hotel is quite nice. I'm not usually one to take pictures of hotel rooms and it isn't like this is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in or even that special but somehow it seems special in these circumstances. It also has been great to be outdoors and get some fresh air and even some bits of sunshine. It has been very windy with a few raindrops here and there and I swear a few drops of hail but maybe that was my imagination.

Radu took us on a tour of Iasi today.  I had visited the painted monasteries and Moldavia with him and some teammates before and he is just the nicest guy and a good guide. I had been in Iasi before and wasn't impressed but clearly just didn't have the right experience! Glad I gave it a second chance and thanks to our teammate Jane for the hotel recommendation. And thanks to Cathy who let me join in on her trip at the last minute.

Tonight I'll be making two international phone calls. The usual Sat. call to my Dad but also a special call to my niece Shannon who turns 21 today. Happy Birthday, Shannon! 

So here are some pictures that won't tug at your heartstrings....











1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures Evan. I spent a little bit of time in Iasi too but didn't get to see as much of the city as I would have liked. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete