Wednesday, September 15, 2010

9/15

As I was drifting off to sleep last night, I came up with a great title for this posting. I didn't write it down as that would have required getting up for pen and paper. I thought I would remember it. Silly me. Occurs to me this happened with the last posting as well. You think I would learn.....

We have sunshine and warmer weather which means the mobiles have been outside. The ground was still too damp yesterday for the non-mobiles but we got the twins and Gaby out in strollers. We did the same this afternoon as no one seemed to want us to put the blanket down and bring everyone out. Cristi slept most of the afternoon so he missed his outing. I put Gaby on my shoulders as I had read she liked that. Don't tell my chiropractor.

Yesterday Daria and Paula went to the hospital for routine testing. I hate to think of how hard it must be for Paula to be at the hospital as she has a hard time even with her "routine" at the clinic. Mihaela said she has tried in the past to give the nurses at the hospital some ideas for handling Paula while she is there. Sounds like Paula's stays are sometimes shorter than others as she no doubt her screaming causes them to expedite whatever she needs. Her birthday is Fri. and it is likely she won't be back by then.  Nicoletta is still in the hospital - no word on how she is or when she may return. Info is often scarce.

Marius remembered how to walk yesterday! Dan got him started and he kept it up all day. He was able to walk the width of the play room without falling. I especially love how much he enjoys it - he just laughs and laughs. So great to see as he can sometimes be such a serious little guy.

For the first time, I've seen activity at the "mill" across the street from the hospital. It is very small and doesn't operate year round. Apparently people bring corn and sunflower seeds to be processed into flour or oil. There were horses and carts coming and going quite a bit yesterday as we were eating lunch. There is also a huge truck behind the hotel loading what may be coriander (seeds or...?) Dan says the hotel owner grew this crop. There is a man shoveling whatever it is into this not very wide pipe going into the truck. Must be taking forever. (Picture below.)

I'm trying to take more pictures of the aides with children so I can send them back after I get home. Of course I have to make sure I get everyone so no one is left out.  I'm also including some pictures of the clinic below for people who haven't seen it before - or haven't seen it in nice weather!

Mill across from the Raluca hotel
Truck loading behind the hotel
Delia joined us after school today - here with her proud mother
Mihaela surrounded
Daniela, Mihaela and Delia
Alina imitating me
Maria Cleopatra is moving her arms more
Andreea and Roxana playing with the mirror in the late afternoon sun
Roxana - both twins have good hand eye coordination
Gaby

Vale and Ionutz
Coca and Andreea
Nicoletta and Gaby
Steve continues to take good care of Raul
Roxana (I think)
Cristi is so much happier these days - this morning he didn't fall asleep until the 12:15 bottle!
Marius
Celine loves exploring in the grass

Daniela
Costel already has a nickname - Costica
Ana Maria looks like she may be a red head - or a strawberry blonde!
Cristi and the others love this Winnie the Pooh toy
Dan teaching Mihaela "gura" for mouth (and other words)
Marius walking - check out that smile!
Petre
Ion was stylish yesterday but fussy
Daniela playing
Mihaela
Andreea walking in Steve's slippers
Gaby
Andreea - still has a runny nose and teething I think
Trying to get Mihaela and Gaby to do "ring around the rosey" which we did semi-successfully with some of the others
Alexandra - it has been harder to get her to smile this trip
Clinic
Clinic cows were on the path to the clinic yesterday; today they were on the side of the highway
Ana Maria and Costel are in isolation in this room
Maria Cleopatra in her room

No comments:

Post a Comment