Thursday, September 23, 2010

Outside!

Much to my surprise, we got to go outside for about an hour this afternoon. Of course, I got shoes on all of the non-mobiles (except Ionutz and Maria Cleopatra) and then the aides changed diapers and took the shoes off so I had to put all the shoes back on. Not as easy as it sounds due to wiggling children. It was quite pleasant out.

 All of the non-mobiles took their 3:00 bottles without a problem - the first time in awhile. The twins who started out eating well have gotten kind of fussy about it again - mostly Roxana. Of course it is always a challenge to get Alina to eat. And Gaby who used to eat laying on her back on her own now has to sit on my lap to eat. Thank goodness for Cristi who holds his bottle and chugs away. I think I forgot to mention yesterday that Mihaela brought bread and spreadable cheese for the mobiles who sounded like they liked it. And I bought honey cheerios at the clinic's request as the mobiles have been eating them with their fingers. It is good to see them getting more than bottles. Today instead of yogurt the non-mobiles had pureed banana and loved it. I put Gaby in the jumperoo, rolled up her sleeves and put a bib on her and she ate it with her fingers (since she refuses a spoon.)

Costel had a blood and urine sample today and was having his temperature taken. I think they are checking on his progress. Ana Maria's progress is quite noticeable but it is a little less so with Costel.

Dan and I went to Barlad for dinner tonight. I would have skipped going into town but I wanted to get some last minute yogurt, wipes, etc. for the babies. I figure since there is just one volunteer coming on the next team that she may not be able to get things like this. I decided to write her a note and have Dan give it to her welcoming her to Tutova and giving her my blog and email address in case she has questions. We can be her virtual team!

BTW, I am just about finished with the "Dracula is Dead" book and while the title is weird it is actually quite interesting. Mihaela and Dan want to read it so if you are here and looking for it and it isn't in the cupboard at the clinic ask them for it.


Still seeing lots of evidence of harvest activity. Machines in the fields and carts going by with corn and watermelons and various things in them. Lots of haystacks emerging as well. Being a city person, all of this country side activity is quite new to me. This morning I heard this sound while I was getting ready and for the life of me couldn't figure out what it was. As I walked down to breakfast I realized it was the owner's cow mooing in the field behind the hotel. (To my sisters: At least I knew it was a cow not a horse.)

Can't believe tomorrow is my last day. Hope someone else is here that does a blog with pictures as I will miss these little ones.

Ana Maria looked quite fetching today in her pink polka dots
Cristi has taken to pushing this chair around the room - his way of practicing walking I guess
Lea Celine carried this doll around most of today
Ionutz does not like the jumperoo
Gaby in the swing outside
Petre smiling for the camera; Alexandra doesn't like the camera much these days
Check out the Popa twins, Miha and Gaby, with two fingers in their mouths
Andreea
Roxana (does it count as twin time when they are back to back in the swing?)
Alina a few seconds after Andreea pulled her hair
Ion looks great in these colors
Ion and Petre playing with the stability ball I turned over today after using it to exercise in my room for the last 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment