Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Keeping Busy


I have to say the day went really quickly today.  I've been trying to sneak in to see the isolation babies before our official 9:00 start time or by coming back earlier from lunch or leaving the play room when an aide is in there and there is relative quiet. I'm hoping Ana Maria gets out of isolation the end of this week; not sure about Costel. I think Nicoletta will be in isolation at least another week or two. And of course dear Raul is in there all the time with his little bandaged arms and legs.

Dr. Delia was at the clinic when I arrived this morning. Apparently the new tiny babies haven't been taking all their bottles so they are going to give them smaller amounts more often. That is, if I understood all this correctly. 

The twins, Andreea and Roxana, were fussy today, especially Roxana who wouldn't eat two of her bottles. Not sure what was going on with her - no fever and no one seemed to think she is teething. For the most part the girls are doing better with their eating. I think Andreea may be out next one to walk. She stood from a sitting position on her own today, much to her surprise. Roxana can stand for about 5 seconds without falling over but needs help getting to a standing position. She is also less interested in walking.

Alina and I have been playing pattycake. All I have to do is say the word and she puts her hands up. For all her disabilities she is one smart little cookie. 

I'm hoping I stay healthy for the rest of the week. I put a bottle of hand sanitizer in the play room and I use it every time after I wipe a runny nose. That is probably 30 times a day.

Tonight Dan and I went to Trattoria Da Vinci for dinner. I had to try and their pizza and it is just as good if not better than the pizza at the Raluca. I'm going to need to hit the gym more than usual when I get home!

Dan and I also went to the pharmacy and store to spend the remainder of Steve's donation money. Thanks to his very generous friends we bought more medicine, baby wipes, newborn pampers, tissues, and baby shampoo. I bought some of the latter two as well. The boxes of tissues are a new thing since the last time I was here and hopefully easier on those runny noses.

Enjoy today's pictures!

Gaby on the donkey that Dan brought into the play room today
Lily and Andreea
Daniela, Malika, and Petre
Maria Cleopatra's beautiful smile
Another beautiful smile from Celine who joined us in the  non mobile play room this morning
Dan and "Cleo" as the aides call her
Petre - I haven't had a chance to see much of the mobiles the last two days
Nicoletta
Dan tried putting Ionutz in the jumperoo today. Ionutz did ok for a bit but didn't last too long. Too hard for him to hold his head up.
I put Alina in a "time out" for hitting by strapping her in this chair. She wiggled out after a few minutes. I do think there is a tendency for the kids to look for negative attention by hitting. 
Daniela
Ana Maria in her cute winnie the pooh outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment