Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rain, rain go away

Yes, it rained most of today - a gentle rain but still my hopes for being able to take the babies outside are literally being dampened! With any luck it will clear and we will have some nicer weather before I leave.

Lorraine had a bit of tummy trouble so stayed back from the clinic today. So I was alone with the non-mobiles for part of the time although the aides and Mihaela were in and out. It wasn't too bad as there were a few fussy moments but mostly when they were tired or hungry. Mary Beth, I have led a chant of "sticla now" a few times already. (That means, bottle now, a trick Mary Beth and I tried last Oct. when they are hungry and bottles haven't come yet.)  I didn't get as many pictures as I was busier and didn't get to spend time with the mobiles.  I did go in to see Ana Maria and Costel after lunch. Costel seems to be always crying that pathetic little cry of his. Steve says he drank a full bottle at 6 pm so that is good. I got a few smiles from Ana Maria.

Delia came today with Mihaela. Delia is Mihaela and Dan's 7 year old daughter. She starts 1st grade next Monday and is quite excited although I think Mom is having a hard time with this milestone! Delia is so good with the babies as she has been visiting them for years now. She is much more confident speaking English and does very well with it. Oh yes, she is only about a head shorter than me which (I can hear it now) I know isn't saying much...

Mihaela's birthday was yesterday and she brought some of her chocolate birthday cake to share with us for dessert. It was delicious - so much for my resolution not to eat dessert. We had pizza for lunch - yeah! In case my personal trainer Janine is reading this I have eaten lots of vegetables and fruit and have been exercising every other morning. So my fitness regimen isn't a total loss.

The tv news was full of a story tonight about some tv mogul who got arrested and held for 24 hours on a charge I've yet to understand. Apparently he is at odds with the current President of the country so the arrest was politically motivated. Mihaela told us the conservative President that was elected in the last election won based on votes by people who live out of the country, especially Romanians living in France. Quite interesting.

Oh yes, Mary Beth, our favorite male newscaster who used to wear the pastel colored v neck sweaters is now wearing pastel colored polo shirts. So far this week there has been white, lime green, turquoise and I think a kind of peach color. And the weatherman who wore the awful plaid jackets is wearing some pretty awful looking shirts, including a plaid one today.

We skipped going out to dinner tonight since Lorraine was under the weather. So it was a long day and I'll post a few pictures and say "pa" for now. (P:a - the baby's way of saying bye.) Apologies for any repeats!

Gaby walking!
Roxana - or is it Andreea?
Ionutz enjoyed being tickled today
Daria likes the mirror!
Cristi likes the mirror too
Nicoletta feeding Andreea who was pretty in pink today
Paula likes the piano
Cristi cracks himself up sometimes
Delia holding Daria

No comments:

Post a Comment