Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sunny Saturday

We have had a nice sunny day today so hopefully this trend will continue so we can take the babies outside this week.  I was tired and didn't post last night. We are working hard! I know anyone who is reading this who has been here knows how that can be especially with a small team. In fact, Mihaela says there are very few volunteers for the next 6 months - some teams with only 2 people and maybe even the risk of teams being canceled. I know it is difficult for people to find the money and time to come but it does worry me that they will have difficulty sustaining the program and of course we all know how it affects the babies when volunteers aren't here. 

Speaking of which, we went over this afternoon and so were able to help with both the 3:00 and 6:00 bottles. Petre, Daniela and Marius were in their cribs and not the mobile room so I brought them into the non-mobile room for a bit. They all started out pretty well and then Petre started hitting so I put him in his crib. Marius started throwing toys.  It is too bad because at first they were so interested in the toys and getting positive attention instead of being told "nu" for everything. I haven't gotten to see Marius walk yet but I haven't been with him much either. He seems to be in his crib and sleeping a lot.

We went to Barlad this morning to the open market. It was fun to see more activity than in the winter months. I bought a small bouquet of zinnias for my room. Then we walked up to both parks and again I don't think I've ever seen so many people in them. In fact, I think I've only been to the public garden park that is up and across from Berlin market once. Then we stopped at Plus market for a few supplies on the way back to catch the bus to Tutova. The bus was crowded both directions. There are only 16 seats and then as many people as they can cram into the aisle. Just like Muni at home.

I was glad to hear from my sister who lives in Millbrae that their friends in San Bruno weren't affected by the gas explosion and fire. What a terrible event. I checked the internet news and saw it before I checked my email and was glad to have an email from her with word that all was well with them.

Pictures of babies and then Barlad below!

Andreea 
Daria loves to jump - She is doing much better eating after having her 2nd cleft palate surgery
Andreea dancing with Dan
Ana Maria already looks so much better
Costel doesn't seem to be crying as much - although maybe he would if he knew they had him in pink flowers
Lorraine and Cristi
I've been stealing Alina and bringing her to the non-mobile room
Mihaela - she runs for the camera as soon as she sees it so it is hard to get a good picture
Celine
Ion - thank goodness they don't cut those curls
Andreea and Alina
Paula actually seemed happy playing these two pianos
Roxana is using only one piano
Lorraine with Cristi and Daria
Cristi and his penguin
Gaby really likes this yellow ball
BIG bags of potatoes
Grain, beans...?
Peppers - about $1 a kilo
Market
Market
More peppers
Eggplant
Plums
Flowers
Keys
Cheese
Park
Park

No comments:

Post a Comment